- Reduced Numbers
- Second Jobs
- Three Conference Weeks
1) No mention of any reduction in the 650 seats currently in the Commons. Difficult to see how the overall cost of Government is going to be significantly reduced.
2) If being an MP is a full-time job worthy of such high salaries – for all – then they should treat it as a full-time job and not one they just ‘pop’ along to. Remember that all backbenchers are paid the same, there are no grades as there are for other Public workers.
3) The items they are allowed to claim expenses for needs to be dramatically reduced and when they break the rules they need to be held accountable.
4) The expansion of their holiday time is quite staggering.
5) Why do they all need the week off when only one party is having a conference. How come they are not all in the same week? Which MPs are going to more than one?
6) Apart from PMQs we need a record of when they are in the House. TV shows us how few attend the debates so what do they claim to be doing?
7) There needs to be far more immediate accountability than just ‘standing down at the next election’. What this means is, “I’ll keep taking the money but do next to nothing for it.” If they need to be sacked then sack them, not this wait until it’s convenient for them.